Free State Department of Agriculture & Rural Development
As the business world grows more competitive, organizations find it necessary to take on an increasing number of projects. Unfortunately, these same organizations often don’t have skilled project managers to handle the work. In this seminar, you will learn and practice the critical tools and techniques that have been proven necessary for project management success. In lectures, discussions and exercises, you’ll cover the essential aspect of managing projects.
This course is specifically designed to focus on the practical application of concepts. The team was assured that they would return to work with the knowledge and tools needed to get projects started right and completed successfully.
The Free State Provincial Department of Agriculture & Rural Development (DARD) had a need to create capacity for its team to undertake Project Management Training.
Optimum Diversities was engaged by the department to deliver a Project Management solution for this need.
Optimum was quick to respond to the request and provided a detailed proposal. The training solution delivered a quality and hassle-free training product to the targeted learners and the DARD as an organisation. Optimum provided access to skills, staff and management processes to support the DARD requirement. The Department was able to secure excellent benefits from its investment in the Project Management programme.
Some of the outcomes derived from the training intervention were:
- That their projects are set-up for success from the start
- Learn the basics for effectively gathering and documenting requirements
- Understand the role of the project manager, business analyst, and others in managing projects
- Develop an integrated project plan including realistic scope, schedules, budgets, and risks—and turn that plan into successful action
- Learn how to effectively track and report on project progress
- Gain the respect of your project team and build credibility with top management
|Feedback from DARD after the training was as follows:|
‘Optimum Diversities came across as a reputable and responsive Education, Training and Project Management services company. This seminar features case studies that allow participants to immediately practice course concepts in group exercises. Participants created key project documents, such as business case, charter, product requirements, project plan, status reports and lessons learned.’